Below are a list of useful digital marketing tools, websites and services that will be instrumental to your online success. I’d familiarize yourself with all of these tools and if applicable, implement them on your website as soon as possible. While I’ve tried to compile the best free options, a lot of the paid solutions offer a free trial for you to test it out before purchasing.
Remember to checkout the articles found on The Digital Bull for detailed instructions on how-to effectively use each of these resources.
If you’d like to recommended a new resource, please send me the details via the contact page.
- Commission Junction – An online advertising and internet marketing company that specializes in affiliate, media and tracking services.
- LinkShare – Rakuten LinkShare is the leader of Affiliate Marketing solutions – increase online sales.
- Pepper Jam – eBay Enterprise Affiliate Network is an industry leader in online performance marketing and technology. We drive quality pay-for-performance results, provide unparalleled service, and maximize long term relationships between online merchants and publishers through our people, expertise and technology.
Analytics and User Tracking
- Google Analytics – Google Analytics lets you measure your advertising ROI as well as track your Flash, video, and social networking sites and applications.
- Crazy Egg – Through Crazy Egg’s heat map and scroll map reports you can get an understanding of how your visitors engage with your website so you can boost your conversion rates.
- Optimizely – Improve conversions through A/B Testing, Split Testing and Multivariate Testing with Optimizely!
Content Management Systems
- Drupal – Drupal is a free software package that allows you to easily organize, manage and publish your content, with an endless variety of customization.
- Joomla! – Joomla! is the mobile-ready and user-friendly way to build your website. Choose from thousands of features and designs. Joomla! is free and open source.
- WordPress – A semantic personal publishing platform with a focus on aesthetics, web standards, and usability
Logo and Design
- 99designs.com – 99Designs – The #1 marketplace for graphic design, including logo design, web design and other design contests.
- The Logo Company – The Logo Company offers custom logo design services. Unlimited logo revisions at just $149. Free unlimited redraws and free unlimited revisions. Money back guarantee.
- Bing Ads – Show ads on Bing. Display your product or service to as many as 151 million potential customers.
- Facebook Ads – Connect with over 1 billion people with Facebook Advertising.
- Google Adwords – Advertise with Google AdWords ads next to Google search results to boost website traffic and sales. With Google AdWords pay-per-click (PPC) keyword advertising, you only pay for results.
- Google Local – Discover great places with reviews from people in your circles. You’ll see their recommendations all across Google, including Google+, Search, and Maps.
- Yelp – User Reviews and Recommendations of Top Restaurants, Shopping, Nightlife, Entertainment, Services and More at Yelp.
Search Engine Optimization
- Bing Webmaster Tools – Sign in or signup for Bing Webmaster Tools and improve your site’s performance in search. Get access to free reports, tools and resources.
- Google Keyword Tool – Enter one keyword or phrase per line to see what related word searches your ad will show on.
- Google Webmaster Tools – Google Webmaster Tools provides you with detailed reports about your pages’ visibility on Google. To get started, simply add and verify your site.
- Moz – Welcome to Moz. We create SEO software, marketing analytics tools, and all kinds of content to help you learn inbound marketing. We’re also home to the web’s most vibrant community of online marketers.
- Raven Tools – All-in-one Internet marketing platform for SEO, Social Media, PPC and Content. Research, manage, monitor and report on every aspect of your campaign.
Social Media Sites
- Facebook – Facebook is a social utility that connects people with friends and others who work
, study and live around them. People use Facebook to keep up with friends, family and loved ones.
- LinkedIn – 225 million+ members | Manage your professional identity. Build and engage with your professional network. Access knowledge, insights and opportunities.
- Twitter – Instantly connect to what’s most important to you. Follow your friends, experts, favorite celebrities, and breaking news.
- AddThis – AddThis personalizes the web with powerful, easy-to-use social engagement tools, APIs and services.
- Bit.ly – Developers, Product Managers, Designers, Account Managers, Sales, Data Scientists Here for business? Gather unparalleled social insight with Bitly Enterprise.
- ShareThis – Put sharing to work with innovative sharing tools. Turn sharing behavior into value with share buttons, plugins and analytics for publishers, and media solutions for advertisers.
- Go Daddy – Go Daddy makes registering Domain Names fast, simple, and affordable. Find out why so many business owners chose Go Daddy to be their Domain Name Registrar.
- Liquid Web – Managed Dedicated Server Hosting, VPS Hosting, Web Hosting & Cloud Servers with Linux or Windows backed by Liquid Web Inc’s Heroic Support.